You receive personal service because this is a one-person show. Unfortunately this does mean that when I’m away, the office is closed.
Next dates when I’ll be away:
- 19 May to 20 June, approx (may be a few days later). Wandering beyond the black stump, gathering photographs for my next book.
I’ll only have very intermittent electronic communications during this time. The very best contact method is via twitter, because messages can be checked in just a few seconds, here & there, when I have phone reception. Otherwise, leave a phone message on the number below, or email me, & I’ll get back to you when I am able to check messages.
Apologies for any inconvenience my absence from the office causes.
Generally – usually the best way to contact me while I am away:
- Twitter: I check twitter messages daily where there is mobile phone reception & I have a data connection. So this is the best way to contact me if you require a speedy response.
- Emails: Emails are checked on a computer once weekly if possible but only urgent emails are responded to, before I return. Hundreds of emails are received weekly, so it’s a good idea to throw a reminder rock my way after I return, too.
- Facebook: My Facebook use is erratic (it’s not my preferred medium); however I endeavour to check it weekly while away.
- Phone: If I’m away for longer than 2 weeks please don’t leave phone messages, as Messagebank automatically deletes phone messages past a certain age and they cannot be retrieved.
- If ordering a special-event gift, please order well in advance to ensure your delivery deadline is met.
- I am home most of the time, but sometimes travel at short notice, taking photographs or for other business reasons.
- When there is a special offer deadline, all orders received prior to the specified deadline receive the special offer.
- When I am away phone messages, emails and social media accounts are checked as frequently as possible however it is sometimes difficult. I work long hours when away, extracting the most out of every minute. In any case, I’m often a large distance from the nearest mobile phone reception or mains power supply. And if out of Australia, the SIM card I’ve bought often gets used up too quickly! When travelling in Australia, I often drive 1,000km/day or more, so it’s not feasible to be checking & responding to messages en route. Please note the suggested contact methods listed for specific trips away, as each journey is different.
- If you have any queries when I am away, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the methods mentioned above.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by office absences.
Tags: Fiona Lake Photography