You receive personal service because this is a one-person show. Unfortunately this does mean that when I’m away, the office is closed.
Some of the days I’ll be out of the office & events attended:
- PHOTOGRAPHY COMMISSION: Thrilled to bits to be taking photographs for OBE Organic around Adria Downs (Birdsville) from approx 5 May until 14 May. Also at the bronco branding competition!
- PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS: Throughout this dry season I may be away for 4-5 days at a time, running workshops. Exact dates & details TBA.
- QRRRWN CONFERENCE, Roma (Qld). 6-8 October are the conference dates however I’ll be driving to/from, so away 5-9 October.
- RURAL JOURNEY AROUND THE BRITISH ISLES: Several weeks in July-August 2017. It’s a cliche but in this case it is true – this is a once-in-a-lifetime amazing journey around the UK & Ireland, in the company of a fantastic group of fellow travellers. We’ll be attending a selection of Britain’s best agricultural events, visiting interesting farms and meeting a great bunch of locals involved in agriculture. While travelling, I’ll also be giving photography-related advice to anyone who has any queries. This is a unique adventure – a very personal tour! More details on this fantastic British Isles tour on this blog page.
The most recent office closures were:
- HEADON PHOTO FESTIVAL OPENING & WORKSHOPS 29 April (away 29 April-3 May). I entered this prestigious photography competition for the first time this year and one of my photographs is a finalist. It is included in the HeadOn exhibition in NSW Parliament House, from 2 May until 9 June, in the Fountain Court Gallery.
- SYDNEY ROYAL EASTER SHOW (the show ran from 17 to 30 March & I had a stand in the Home, Garden & Lifestyle pavilion).
- RIRDC RURAL WOMEN’S AWARD As a Queensland finalist in this year’s awards, I was in Brisbane 23-25 February for the interviews and announcement of the winner.
Generally – usually the best way to contact me while I am away:
- Twitter: I check twitter messages daily where there is mobile phone reception & I have a data connection. So this is the best way to contact me if you require a speedy response.
- LinkedIn: I also check Linkedin daily; as above.
- Emails: Emails are checked on a computer once weekly if possible but only urgent emails are responded to, before I return. And sometimes I’m not able to check them at all. Hundreds of emails are received weekly, so it’s a good idea to throw a reminder rock my way after I return, too. (When going through thousands of emails, it’s easy to accidentally delete one in error.)
- Facebook: My Facebook use is erratic; however I endeavour to check it weekly while away.
- Phone: If I’m away for longer than 2 weeks please don’t leave phone messages, as Messagebank automatically deletes phone messages past a certain age and they cannot be retrieved.
- If ordering a special-event gift, please order well in advance to ensure your delivery deadline is met.
- I am home most of the time, but sometimes travel at short notice, taking photographs or for other business reasons. It’s the nature of the beast-I must travel away to take pics, attend conferences etc.
- When there is a special offer deadline, all orders received prior to the specified deadline receive the special offer.
- When I am away phone messages, emails and social media accounts are checked as frequently as possible however it is sometimes difficult. I am single-minded and work long hours when away, extracting the most out of every minute. In any case, I’m often a large distance from the nearest mobile phone reception or mains power supply. And if out of Australia, the SIM card I’ve bought often gets used up too quickly, because I tweet images! When travelling in Australia, I often drive 1,000km/day or more, so it’s not feasible to be checking & responding to messages en route. Please note any specifically mentioned contact methods listed for specific trips away, above, as each journey is different.
- If you have any queries when I am away, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the methods mentioned above.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by office absences. Ideally I’d have a bevvy of slaves, but alas not.
Tags: Fiona Lake Photography