Translations (Outback Words & Expressions)
- Translations for 'horse' — And many horse-related terms, such as horsetailers, plant horses, horsebreakers, wild horses, saddlery, horse gaits, horse transport, stables and horsesports/rodeo terms. Plus basic terms for horses.
- Translations for 'cow' — And many cattle-related terms, such as unbranded cattle, mustering, a rush, cattlework, cattle pads and mobs of cattle. Plus basic terms for cattle.
- Translations for 'cattle station' — And other terms such as cattle station homesteads and staff quarters, sheds, grasslands, farms, and origins of the word 'station', as used in 'cattle station', stockyards and windmills.
- Translations for 'stockman' — And other people on cattle stations, from apprentice employees to managers and owners. Includes historical terms.
- Translations for stockmen's gear — Including stock catching equipment (ropes), whips, swags, cooking gear and utes.
- Australian outback words — A few of the many unique words and expressions that are virtually exclusive to northern cattle stations (for explanations of meaning and a much more comprehensive list, refer to the glossary in 'A Million Acre Masterpiece' ).
- Translations for 'outback' & 'country' — In several other languages.
- Australian into American — Translation of ordinary Australian English into English spoken in other countries, including New Zealand, England and Canada but in particular America; plus Metric and Imperial measurements, Australian-American spelling differences and some of the most notable pronunciation differences of common words.
Aussie Films & References (Outback Culture)
- 'Australia' The Film - General Info — When was Baz Luhrmann's 'Australia' movie filmed, how much did production cost, the premiere and release dates in cinemas and on DVD & Blue Ray, and links to related pages.
- 'Australia' The Film - Story — Baz Luhrmann's 'Australia' film plot summary, translations of words & expressions used in the film, information on the authenticity of set and story details, who the actors are and the characters they play, the film score & musicians involved, and where 'Australia' was filmed.
- 'On our Selection' Film — George Whaley's 1995 film based on the writing of Steele Rudd. Actors & the parts played, comments on the film, music, publicity & DVD, and the two other 'On our Selection' films.
- McLeod's Daughters Television Programme — Information regarding the McLeod's Daughters Television Programme.
- Bush Poetry — Details of some great Australian bush poetry books.
- Bush Biographies — Details of more than 100 autobiographies, biographies etc, relating to the Australian bush - in particular, northern Australia.
- Outback & Agricultural References — Details of dozens of non-fiction books; on a variety of subjects from plants, animals and farming, to bush cookbooks.
- Outback Books for Kids — The best quality children's books, that relate to country life.