Advertising & Editorial Images
I have supplied many of Australia's largest agribusinesses with images for commercial use, and my outback and agricultural photographs have been published in many capital city newspapers plus national magazines.
I can supply rural marketing images from my archives, or take specific images just for you (commission work).
A unique feature of my business is my ability to provide reliable advice regarding which particular images are best suited to your specific purpose - taking into account your:
- Target market
- Specific aims
This personally tailored and confidential advice is based on several decades of hands-on agricultural and rural marketing experience, across Australia.
The Rural Advertising Hall of Shame is full of marketers who neglected to seek the advice of a professional with hands-on experience in the specific industry and region targeted. I know the market inside out, and I've seen more advertising fails than I could poke a stick at. These range from images featuring poorly bred cattle to serious weeds and bad land management practices. An expensive club you do not want to become a member of.
- Able to travel to remote outback areas, sometimes at very short notice (1 day to assemble & pack photography equipment into the car)
- Used to operating self-sufficiently and efficiently in very remote areas (which requires a degree of preparation & organisation most photographers are completely unfamiliar with).
- Aerial images can be taken from a plane, helicopter or u.a.v. (drone) (More specific info on the Drone Photography page)
- Promotional short videos and still images can be posted on social media while doing commission work, if desired
- Captions and/or stories can be written to accompany images
- Knowledge of the most likely locations to suit your purpose, and an extensive network of personal rural contacts across Australia; from Cape York west to Broome and south to Melbourne. Vital for the latest news regarding regional season variations. (Brilliant photography requires spot-on timing. If you're in the wrong place, top-drawer image content is impossible.)
- Experience-based advice provided on what images will do the best job of achieving your specific aims (& what won't work)
- The cost of using rural images on file ranges from $200 per image for bulk orders, to several thousand dollars for the rarest images
- Commission photography jobs are based on a day rate plus costs, and quoted on individually - taking into account the time and travel involved
My rural photographs have been used for these purposes:
- Film (movie) prospectuses
- Company float prospectuses & annual reports
- Social media campaigns
- Office wall murals (2 examples on this page)
- Billboards & banners
- Event promotion
- Print & digital advertisements
- Powerpoint presentations
- Book covers (novels)
- Promotional merchandise
- Packaging material
- Newspaper editorials
- Magazine stories
Images make an indelible, instant impression. Make sure your images make the impression you want.
Please note: when I'm away the office is closed. Contacting me is often difficult due to the remoteness of the regions I travel to. Office closure dates & times can be checked on this blog page along with the best way to contact me when away.
Member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP)