Outback Christmas Card & Greeting Card Information
I've finally found an Australian printing company able to produce smaller runs of great quality greeting cards, so what is available changes more frequently. To keep admin costs down (and keep the cards at very good value), the shopping cart is not constantly updated with which cards are available.
Instead, please see the 8 outback greeting cards currently available, below:
L-R, top to bottom:
The evening stroll, Road guardians, Straight as an arrow - almost
Tree illustrations, Lengthening shadows, Noel loves Barbara (Alexandria windmill)
Silver clouds & silver cattle, Blacksoil dust rising
You can choose an assortment or just one kind, in lots of 10 - just let me know which you'd like (by phone or in the box for comments, on the website ordering page).
Greeting cards can also be custom made - just for you. Simply choose your favourite photos from the 800+ included in the books and consider whether you'd like any text inside your cards, and contact me to discuss quantities and cost.
Order books, to choose photos for cards made just for you:
What is the quality like?
- Printed on heavy, good quality card which is easy to write on.
- Matt finish
- Printed in Australia
- Top quality envelopes
- Front: beautiful photos of Australian cattle stations and outback landscapes.
- Back: While a barcode must be included, the back of these cards is not the usual ugly wasteland! Every card has a ghosted image and a small map of Australia. Plus extra space for more handwriting, if required.
- Inside: usually blank, except for a short photo caption. So very versatile and handy - usable as classic Australian outback Christmas cards, birthday cards, thank-you cards, anniversary or get-well cards, etc.
- Exclusivity: limited print run and only available via this website (the recipients won't see these outback greeting cards all around town in shops)
- Free freight: for orders of 10 or more cards, to customers within Australia, and free overseas postage when ordered with books
How do I order?
- Greeting cards that have already been printed: order packets via the website ordering system and let me know which kinds you'd like (by phone or in the 'comments' section of the ordering page).
- Greeting cards printed just for you: choose your photos from the books and enquire via the contact form or by phone (see details below), to discuss design, quantity, and price details.
Discounts for bulk card orders:
- There is a larger discount of $11 ($10 if GST exempt) deducted for each 5 packets of ready-made outback greeting cards ordered.
- However this discount isn't calculated by the online ordering system, it is refunded manually; so be sure to remind me to process your discount.
- For orders of more than 10 packets or the cost of custom-made greeting cards, please ask for a personal quote (for an even larger discount).
How much do these outback greeting cards cost?
- Australian orders:
- $3.30 per card or $26.40 per packet of 10 cards (envelopes are included)
(includes the 10% Goods & Services Tax payable on purchases sent to an Australian address).
- International orders (cards sent direct to an overseas address):
- $3.00 per card or $24.00 per packet of 10 cards (envelopes are included)
How much is postage?
- Australian delivery, by Express Post:
- Free (book postage is also free).
- International delivery, by Standard Airmail (GST exempt):
- Free for greeting cards ordered with books and sent to the same address.
Postage for outback greeting cards sent on their own (these International Postage Rates are automatically calculated by the website when you place your order, using Australia Post's standard zones):
- Zone 1 - New Zealand (only) - $10 postage per packet of cards, if sent without books
- Zone 2 - China, Japan, Hong Kong (only) - $12.00 per packet
- Zone 3 - Most of Southern & Central Asia (Indonesia to India) - $12.00 per packet
- Zone 4 - US & Canada (only) - $14.00 per packet
- Zone 5 - Most South Pacific Islands plus some SE Asia - $13.00 per packet
- Zone 6 - UK, Ireland, part of Northern & Western Europe - $18.00 per packet
- Zone 7 - Russia, most of Eastern Europe, some African & South American countries such as South Africa & Brazil - $20.00 per packet
- Zone 8 - Rest of the world, including many African & South American countries such as Botswana & Argentina, & the Middle East, including UAR - $21.00 per packet
To determine the postage charge to any countries not specified above, please enquire.
Don't forget - there is no postage charge at all, for packets of cards mailed overseas with books going to the same address.